Landscape Construction/Install Foreman
WE ARE VICTORIA'S SPECIALISTS IN LAWN & GARDEN MAINTENANCE FOR COMPLEX, MULTI-ACRE PROPERTIES.
This position will work with our maintenance clients on landscape renovations and improvements including new construction.
You are a hard-working professional seeking a full-time foreman role with a local, community-based company that is growing at a steady pace. You are life learner and have; a passion for landscaping, excellent client service skills, and experience with landscape installation, renovation, and cleanups.
You're inquisitive with feedback to ensure accuracy and finding sound solutions when a concern arises. You identify individual strengths and interests for job/task placement of staff, and enjoy managing a small team. You have the ability to plan jobs and manage timelines while accomplishing a variety of installation and cleanup tasks.
Your organization and attention to detail along with your computer skills with plan an important part in the office duties this position will be responsible for.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Office: Responsible for organizing all aspects of our installations/renovations and cleanups.
- Reading and following landscape designs/work orders
- Creating material/rental lists based on work orders
- Creating a work schedule
- Writing change orders for clients
- Completing time reports for each job
- Pulling permits and one call’s as needed
Leading: Responsible for a small team to ensure all jobs are completed safely, efficiently, and to our high standards.
- Communicating each day’s plan to your team
- Delegating daily tasks to team
- Ensuring positive and open working relationships with clients
- Seeking out teaching opportunities for team throughout each job
- Ensuring the team is working in a safe manner at all times
- Responsible for staff morale
Landscape and Site Responsibilities:
- Grading and site work
- Wood fence installation
- Retaining wall installation
- Hardscape installation (pavers, granite steps, bluestone etc..)
- Plant and lawn installation
- Garden cleanups
- Irrigation installation
Learning: Expected to participate in self directed learning and coursework to continually progress in your skill set.
- Identify weaknesses in knowledge base and seek out opportunities to develop those weaknesses
- Expected to work towards certifications through NALP in landscape installation
- Communicate any training opportunities that you would like to participate in to management **Additional duties in all areas as required to support the needs of the business.
Requirements to be considered for the position:
- Minimum 5 years experience in the landscaping industry
- Minimum 3 years of recent experience in a foreman/supervisor role
- Proven ability to lead a team
- Strong knowledge of industry standards in landscape installation
- Proven organizational and technical skills, ability to plan, track tasks, and deliver to agreed timelines
- Demonstrated customer service skills and a positive attitude is a must
- Clean driving abstract and ability to maneuver trailer
- TECHNICAL SKILLS: Grading and site work, wood fence installation, retaining wall installation, hardscape installation (pavers, granite steps, bluestone etc..), plant & lawn installation.
- Full compensation package (with extended benefits)
- Performance reviews
- Opportunities to advance
- Continual education fund
Job Type: Full-time
- Landscaping Industry: 5 years
- Customer Service: 3 years
- Landscape Foreman/Supervisor: 3 years
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We will get in touch with all qualified applicants who submit a cover letter and resume.